May 18, 2013

Miss Piggy housewarming cake with Baileys filling



I absolutely love those cake request which I'm given a theme and a free hand to execute it. This is what happened with this cake.

This cake was supposed to be for a house warming party, and the theme was Miss Piggy. The filling was left to me to decide.



Miss Piggy was made out of sugar paste

Some time ago while looking for cake ideas for a baby shower, I came across this baby crib cake, and it came to my mind as soon as my brain registered the word 'house warming'. This gave me an idea to make a bed cake, on which Miss Piggy would have a well deserved rest in between her packing/unpacking.








I understood that the cake was to go to someone who's into bowling, so naturally I needed to add a bowling ball to the cake!



I was able to utilize my England-brought air brush kit yet again with the bed ends. Airbrushing makes the colour more vibrant and more interesting. And it's such a great fun to do! :)







Choosing the filling for this cake was easy, as my intuition told me right from the start that this cake was going to have a Baileys flavour. Here is the recipe I used for this filling:



Baileys-filling (adults only!): (this recipe makes enough filling for a 10 person cake)

300 g            unflavoured cream cheese
3 tbsp           Baileys Irish Cream
0,5 dl            icing sugar
1,5 dl            double cream


Whip the cream. Mix together the cream cheese, Baileys and icing sugar and add the whipped cream into the mix.

As well as in the filling, I used Baileys with milk to moisten the cake, and used Baileys as the liquid in the butter cream layer between the cake and the sugar fondant.



No comments:

Post a Comment