December 29, 2012

LEGO Star Wars Millenium Falcon -cake




I made this cake for my brother's 26th birthday party. The theme was LEGO Star Wars (most likely decided by my brother's children), so I decided to make the most cake-like Star Wars creature - the almost round Millenium Falcon.

The flavour of the cake this time was strawberry and banana.


For the Lego knobs I destroyed re-used my approx. 2 mm thick cutting mat.

This technique worked remarkably well, and decorating the cake was eventually quite quick (which means that I had more time to concentrate on the small details such as the inside of the satellite dish.






In order to bring more colour to the otherwise so grey cake, I made the birthday boy's age also in "LEGO-bricks" (although a bit cryptically) :)









Shaped cakes are nice to carve, but covering the weird shapes with butter cream is a bit more challenging.


No comments:

Post a Comment