December 17, 2012

Christmas spice cake


I was originally supposed to make a simple spice cake following an old recipe I have, but then something happened...

The original recipe included brown sugar, which I eventually replaced by muscovado sugar (due to the fact that I happened to have it in my cupboard, and that I didn't have any brown sugar at the time). In addition, I splashed in a little bit of milk - just because something inside of me said that was the right thing to do :)



The recipe I used this time was this:


200 g          baking margarine
3 dl              dark muscovado sugar
3                  eggs
3 dl              plain flour
2 tl               baking powder
2 tl               vanilla sugar
2 tl               cinnamon
1/2 tl            cardamom
1/4 tl            ground cloves
1/2 dl           milk (because I felt like it)


Grease and breadcrumb a bundt pan. 

Mix soft margarine and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing in between. Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl and incorporate to the batter with milk.

Bake in 175°C for about 50 minutes. Wait until the cake has cooled down a bit before turning over on a plate.


No comments:

Post a Comment