April 12, 2013

Rice Krispies Treats



In American cake programs they often use 'Rice Krispies Treats' when sculpting difficult shapes or covering support structures, and now that I needed something to bring a bit of dimension to a cake pig's snout (which I'll be making tomorrow with my cousin's daughter), I decided to give this recipe a go.

I took the recipe directly from Kellog's Rice Krispies' site and reduced the amounts to fit my test batch. (The amounts I used made a 11 x 16 x 2,5 cm sheet of Rice Krispies Treats)





Rice Krispies Treats:

1 tbsp    margarine
80 g       marshmallows
4 dl        rice cereal





Melt the margarine on a low heat
Add marshmallows...
...and stir...
...until the marshmallows are completely melted
Remove from heat and mix in the rice cereal until fully coated
Spread the mixture onto a sheet of baking paper, and use the paper to press firmly into shape. Let cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment