April 20, 2013

Angry Birds tiered birthday cake





I had an excellent opportunity to combine different decorating techniques, when I was asked to make (yet another :) ) Angry Birds themed cake for a slightly larger amount of people.

Because the wish was for a chocolaty caramel cake, I used the same combination of Twix-bars and caramel cake as in the swimming pigs cake.



This time I didn't want to cover the cake with fondant, so this cake was covered with caramel flavoured butter cream, coloured with my new airbrush colours. The grass between the two tiers was buttercream piped with a spaghetti piping tip.

Number six on top of the cake was poured into a number shaped lollipop mold with (first time ever successfully tempered!) melted chocolate. The name and the Angry Birds characters were sugar paste.






No comments:

Post a Comment