August 8, 2013

Robot cupcakes

 
Earlier this summer I made animal parade cupcakes for my cousin's son's birthday party, and this time I was asked to make robot/space themed cupcakes for her other son.



I was again given a theme-appropriate cupcake set, and was asked to use the same recipe again.


This time though I dyed the frosting with black paste colour and sprinkled some edible silver luster dust on top.



Because there were going to be 24 cupcakes, and because my oven can only hold 12 at a time, I made the cupcake batter in two separate bowls from the start. In all the excitement though I accidentally forgot to divide the amount of eggs by two (half in each bowl), and only when my cousin was already on her way did I realize that I had accidentally used double the amount of eggs than I was supposed to. Oh no. 
I hope these cupcakes are not going to taste absolutely horrible... :(

No comments:

Post a Comment