July 26, 2013

Radio controller cake


The story of this cake started already a while ago, when one of my co-workers asked if I could make him a leaving-party cake for work. He couldn't say which kind of a cake he'd want, but once I asked whether he'd prefer "basic cream cake" or "one of those WOW! cakes", the choice wasn't difficult. For the model of this cake I can yet again only blame myself, as I was the one suggesting this (also work-related) radio controller as the model of the cake.


The warm weather caused the cake wanting to
melt each time it was removed from the fridge

And although we agreed about the cake way over a month ago, I cut it really close with the execution. I forgot to take pictures and measurements of the controller before my holiday (so that I could have made the non-cake parts well in advance), so didn't get the pictures until this Monday. Originally I had planned to make the cake this coming weekend, but then I heard that the person in question was going to be on holiday next week. Although my co-worker said it'd be enough to see pictures of the cake and to know that it's being served at work, I wanted him to be able to see the actual cake live as well.


On top of everything, the other cake order for this week took time away from this cake's preparation, so it really was a close call... but I managed to get it done!

Inside the cake was a caramel filling, decorations are made out of sugar fondant / gum paste.


It's all in the details :)
  
Just in case someone didn't believe this was edible... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment