January 27, 2013

Barbie cake



This cake I made for my niece's birthday party.


Because her present wish list included Barbie dolls, I thought I would combine a present and a cake, even though the actual cake wish was for a "Lego Star Wars Star Destroyer cake", inspired by her dad's birthday cake a little while ago. Because I had already made a Lego Star Wars ship, we managed to push through the Barbie idea. I did however promise that Barbie would be "in space" (hence the stars on the bottom cake) where there would also be a star destroyer... :)


This cake ended up having two flavours: the bottom cake was a traditional strawberry cake and Barbie's dress was caramel flavoured cake.




Barbie's dress was surprisingly difficult to get draping nicely,
but in the end I managed to do it
Number 6 is a strawberry flavoured lollipop pushed into the cake,
made with a 
silicone mould by grinding and melting a Chupa Chups lollipop 
Before delivery I added the promised star destroyer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment