March 9, 2013

Christening cake for a baby boy



A few weeks ago I made a soft pink Christening cake for a baby girl, and this time it was time to make one for a baby boy. Of course a boy required something a little edgier than cute baby shoes, so this time the cake called for some miniature trainers which I made before hand to allow for them to dry.


Because I alredy practiced a sugar dummy with the earlier Christening cake, for this cake I decided to create an old classic, the smiley rattle.



In my original design there were jigsaw puzzle pieces going around the side of the cake, but as sometimes plans change (and the jigsaw mold was slightly too big) the cake ended up having train engines and rocking horses alternating around the side.

The filling for this cake (perhaps because I "advertised" it) was yet again a raspberry mousse.




No comments:

Post a Comment