June 1, 2013

Graduation cake for tourism master students




This time I was asked to make a cake for tourism master students in graduation phase, so my idea was to combine school books and a few famous landmarks. The name of the book in the bottom was chosen by accident, as I jokingly wrote it in my design just to show a possibility to add text. The person who ordered this cake thought the name was just right, and so it stayed.





The cake was supposed to be a combination of Baileys and chocolate, so I modified the recipe used in the Miss Piggy house warming cake a couple of weeks ago. I may have poured a little too much Baileys in this one though... :)







Baileys and chocolate filling: (for a ΓΈ20-24cm cake)

300 g      vanilla flavoured quark
60 g        dark chocolate
3 tbsp     Baileys (I may have put 4 tbsp)
2             leaves of gelatin (I put 3 as this was
                    a shaped cake)
1 tbsp     water
2 dl         double cream



Let the gelatin leaves soak in cold water for about 5-10 minutes.
Whip the cream, and in a separate bowl mix together vanilla quark, melted dark chocolate and Baileys.
Squeeze out excess water from the gelatin leaves, and melt them with a tablespoonful of boiling hot water. Add the gelatin mix into the quark-chocolate-Baileys mix and stir well. Add the whipped cream and stir carefully.


I was supposed to create an effect where the palm tree starts on the book page as 2D and continues upwards as 3D, but I couldn't get it to work quite as well as I planned it

The Eiffel Tower consisted of 13 minuscule 
pieces, which almost made me lost my cool 
couple of times when gluing them together :)

Finally I did manage to get the
Eiffel Tower somewhat right

No comments:

Post a Comment